FAQs for General Practitioners
What are the benefits in registering with 13SICK, National Home Doctor?
There are a number of reasons why you should choose 13SICK, National Home Doctor as your Practice’s after hours service provider:
- Following every home visit, we send a patient report to your Practice to ensure you are kept up to date and notify you of follow-up care that may be required. We also ensure any patients who have routine care requests are referred back to you
- We provide support throughout the complete after hours period - including the unsociable hours
- We accommodate any ‘special patient instructions’, including those for palliative care patients
- We have the largest national doctor workforce, ensuring your patients are seen as quickly as possible. On average, 80% of patients are seen within 4 hours
- We assist with accreditation and PIP requirements and issue accreditation certificates when required
- Our Doctor workforce is underpinned by high-level clinical governance
- We strive to consistently deliver quality service to your patients. Following every home consultation, patients are sent a survey. The results from this survey are overwhelmingly positive, giving you peace of mind that your patients are well cared for in the after hours
- You can divert your Practice phone to our service when you are closed; ensuring patient calls are answered personally by our trained call centre staff
Which number should we recommend to patients to book an after hours visit?
13SICK (that's 13 7425). You can divert your phones after hours to 13 7425 or alternatively record our details on your practice after hours phone message.
What time are your Doctors on the road?
Our Doctors are on the road from 6pm weekdays, 12 noon Saturdays, all day Sundays public holidays.
What time does the call centre open?
Our call centre operates from 6pm weekdays, 12noon Saturdays and all day Sundays and public holidays.
Can I get patient information materials for my Practice?
Yes, following your registration you will receive a Practice Information Kit containing door stickers, magnet flyers, posters and patient appointment cards.
Do we need to let you know of any changes to our Practice details?
Yes, it’s important that 13SICK, National Home Doctor has up-to-date details for your Practice, including doctor and practice hours information. If your Practice is accredited, we can assist by sending you an accreditation certificate. Please email any updates or changes to your Practice to Practices@homedoctor.com.au, alternatively, call us during business hours on 13 7425.
How do we request an accreditation certificate?
Please send your request via email at Practices@homedoctor.com.au, alternatively call us during business hours on 137425. We will promptly complete your request and forward your practice a copy of your accreditation certificate.
Can our Practice use the 13SICK logo on our website?
Yes, simply phone or email a request for a copy of the 13SICK logo and we will email a copy to you.
Are 13SICK Doctors FRACGP qualified?
Many of our Doctors are FRACGP qualified. All our Doctors are fully qualified and are registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), as required by the Medical Board of Australia. Our Doctors are supported by a distinguished Clinical Advisory Group who oversee all matters of clinical governance. Those Doctors who are training for their RACGP Fellowship, attend GP mentoring meetings and CPD training sessions. 13SICK is accredited to the standards developed by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) for medical deputising services.
Can Practices that aren't accredited subscribe to 13SICK, National Home Doctor?
Practices do not need to be accredited to use National Home Doctor. We can still care for your patients after-hours when you are closed.